Battery Fires: The Potential Danger Hiding in Your Kitchen Junk Drawer

After putting up Christmas decorations this year, Damien Morris had some extra batteries left over and did what many people do – tossed them in a drawer for future use.

The loose batteries sparked a fire that could have destroyed his Charlottetown, P.E.I., home.

Morris said he had no idea batteries could pose such a danger, and he is sharing his story to warn others – with experts saying such fires are more common than most Canadians realize.

Read the full article on globalnews.ca